33rd Annual Mother's Day Run/Walk for Shelter Fundraiser
on Sunday, May 14th, 2017!
Pajaro Valley Shelter Services Benefit Fundraiser
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO RUN/WALK ONLINE TODAY!
CLICK HERE TO BE A SPONSOR OF THE EVENT (ONLINE FORM)!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD SPONSORSHIP DOCUMENTS
The 33rd Annual Mother’s Day Run for Shelter Fundraiser brings together nearly 700 runners, 100 businesses, and the City of Watsonville in support of Pajaro Valley Shelter Services. PVSS' mission is to assist homeless women, children, and families to obtain stable housing through temporary shelter and services. Women, children, and families end the causes and cycles of homelessness while in PVSS' programs. Families experiencing homelessness develop the skills and attitudes necessary to move on to stable housing and improved personal and economic self-sufficiency.
When families in our community thrive, we all thrive. Proceeds from this event benefit the programs and services Pajaro Valley Shelter Services provides to families in our community. Let's live in a community where every child has a safe and stable place to sleep.
WE CAN OUTRUN FAMILY HOMELESSNESS.
Registration begins on Friday, January 13, 2017! Register at Active.com or by downloading the registration form below and returning it to Pajaro Valley Shelter Services (115 Brennan Street, Watsonville).
Where: Ramsay Park, 1301 Main Street, Watsonville
When: Sunday, May 14, 2017
Why: Sponsors and runners of this event help to fund the services and programs that allow over 80 families to build the skills for self-sufficiency and transition out of homelessness annually.
Registration: Race day registration and bib pick-up will start at 7:00 am, Sunday, May 14th, 2017. Course closes at 10:15 am. Bibs are not transferable. Registration fees are non-transferable & non-refundable. For online registration click here. Registration Form required for EACH participant.
- 10K Run & 5K Run/Walk – $30 for individual, (1 T-shirt). Registrations after March, 3, 2017: $40, Registrations after May, 5, 2017:$50,
- 1K Kid’s Fun Run – $20 for individual, (1 T-shirt). Registrations after Wednesday, May 5, 2017: $25
PACKET PICK-UP DETAILS:
New registrations available at PVSS from now until Friday, May 12th @ 2pm! Same day registration also available on race day morning!
- In Watsonville at Pajaro Valley Shelter Services: 115 Brennan Street, Watsonville (near Chase Bank sign)
- Thursday & Friday, May 11th & 12th, 9 am – 2 pm
- In Watsonville at Kelly’s Books: 1838 Main St, Watsonville, CA 95076 (in Watsonville Square Shopping center on corner of Green Valley & Main St
- Friday, May 12th, 3 pm – 8 pm
- In Aptos at Fleet Feet:26 Rancho Del Mar, Aptos (in Rancho Del Mar shopping center)
- Saturday, May 13th, 11 am – 5 pm
- In Watsonville at Ramsay Park: 1301 Main Street, Watsonville
- RACE DAY! SUNDAY, May 14th, 7 am – 8 am
RACE START TIMES:
- 1K Kid’s Fun Run @ 7:45am
- 5K Walk @ 8:00am
- 5K Run @ 8:00am
- 10K Run @ 8:45am
COURSE CLOSES AT 10:15 am.
The course is timed: computerized time results will be announced & on the website.
All runs and walks start and end at Ramsay Park. Run and walk courses are the same this year. Course maps available at www.pvshelter.org
Event T-shirt included in the fee; T-SHIRTS AVAILABLE FOR FIRST 700 RUNNERS WHO REGISTER; Refreshments and water; live DJ!
10K Run & 5K Run/Walk – Medals for 1st, 2nd, 3rd places, male/female per 5-year age division; plus gifts for the overall first place male and female finishers in 10K and 5K.
1K Kid’s Fun Run – all youth, 12 yrs. & under, receive accomplishment medals, 3-year age divisions. Kids’ Awards 8:30-8:45 am.
Entering the 33rd consecutive year, the Mother’s Day Run/Walk for Shelter Fundraiser will bring nearly 700 participants and 200 businesses, plus crowds of spectators together to raise a goal of $80,000 in support of services to homeless families in our community. Sponsors have the ability to partner with the community and 900 runners and supporters in attendance.
“The Mother’s Day Run is one of the most prominent events in Watsonville!”
When families in our community thrive, we all thrive.
- Sponsoring the race provides your business with the wonderful opportunity to reach new customers and build a brand that promotes healthy living, outdoor fun and care for the community.
- Increase visibility and brand awareness through Mother’s Day Run for Shelter promotions.
- Employees will feel good about your company.
- Your business will further connect with the community.
- It’s tax deductible!
LAST YEAR’S RACE NUMBERS
- 700 registered runners plus a huge crowd of supporters cheering them on!
- 84 sponsors had their information shared with our community.
- Sponsors included Graniterock, Bay Federal Credit Union, S. Martinelli & Company and Union Bank
- The race raised $65,000 to support Pajaro Valley Shelter Services’ mission to end homelessness in our community.
Pajaro Valley Shelter Services presents the 32nd Annual Mother’s Day Run/Walk for Shelter on Sunday, May 8th at Ramsay Park in Watsonville and will include a 10K Run, 5K Run/Walk and a 1K Kids’ Fun Run. Goodies include t-shirts, roses for mothers, medals for winners, continental breakfast and a live DJ. This year, families with strollers will be allowed in the event. For 32 years, the community of Watsonville has supported PV Shelter’s Mother’s Day Run to ensure the continuation of services for homeless families. The first race was held in 1984 and raised $8,000 with a small crowd in attendance. This year we expect over 1,000 people to help raise $80,000!
This well-loved event can be enjoyed by attendees of all ages and skill levels, from the competitive runners to the weekend joggers to families who want to walk together. Starting and ending in Ramsay Park, the race route is a beautiful trek around Watsonville’s slough trails. Start your Mother’s Day off by joining the community in supporting the end of homelessness for mothers, their children and families in South County. The first race starts at 7:45 and the entire event ends at 10:00 am just in time to enjoy the rest of Mother’s Day.
“The Mother’s Day Run has become a tradition. For many, there are three generations who do the run/walk together, and then go to brunch afterwards. It’s a great family tradition –to help end homelessness on Mother’s Day.” PVSS Executive Director, Kimberly Ferm
PV Shelter has the recipe for successfully changing the lives of families experiencing homelessness, by giving them the tools to help themselves. The Mother’s Day Run for Shelter is PV Shelter’s biggest fundraising event. The Race/Walk is an opportunity for the community to partner with PV Shelter to raise funds, so we can continue our mission of promoting self-sufficiency and changing the lives of families experiencing homelessness.
About Pajaro Valley Shelter Services:
Since 1983, Pajaro Valley Shelter Services has helped women, children, and families end the causes and cycles of homelessness. PVSS currently serves and helps house 85 families annually, while they complete a program to overcome financial barriers, and develop goals, skills and attitudes necessary to move on to stable housing and improved personal and economic self-sufficiency. Serving Santa Cruz County and focusing on Watsonville and the Pajaro Valley, PVSS owns and operates an Emergency Shelter (for women and children), a Shelter Annex (for single fathers with children and families with males over the age of twelve), thirteen units of Transitional Housing, and four units of Long-Term Supportive Housing. Participants learn how to manage money, obtain employment, housing, care for themselves and their children, and more.