STRATEGIC PLANNING PROCESS 2018 – 2019
As we enter Pajaro Valley Shelter Services’ 35th year of partnering with families on their path to self-sufficiency, we are excited to embark on a strategic planning process. This process will ensure that we remain focused over the long term and that our energies and resources are being invested in the most effective manner.
This strategic planning process is designed to be completed over a six-month period, from October 2018 through March 2019. The final product will be an achievable, consensus-driven three-year strategic plan consisting of 3-5 strategic areas of focus.
On our 35th anniversary, we celebrate our achievements:
- We’ve served over 7,500 program alumni;
- 38 program alumni families have purchased their own homes;
- We have 22 housing units, or 136 beds, available to families; and
- 85% of the families who graduate from our programs find permanent housing and achieve their self-sufficiency goals.
The development of a Strategic Plan has become a high priority for Pajaro Valley Shelter Services due to the following realities:
- Affordable housing has emerged as a critical gap for the community in the Pajaro Valley;
- The number of families on PVSS’ waiting lists is between 30 to 60 at any given time (that’s up to 200 individuals); and
- The uncertainty of public funding streams necessitates a transition to individual fundraising sources.
The planning process will include an environmental scan, needs assessment, SWOT analysis, stakeholder engagement, priority setting, and implementation planning.